• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Another ICOM A6/A24 Voltage ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
So I gave up and picked up the dreaded A6. Was cheaper than the A14 with the headset adapter included. ICOM sure makes an "affordable" handheld expensive when you have to add accessories at $50 a pop.

Anyway the question is about the darn DC input, as I knew, manual says 11V. Mine only came with the AC wall wart, but it says it puts out 12V, tested it and it was putting out 11.9V. It will receive (didn't test transmit) with or without the battery pack installed. Anybody actually tested the DC cig plug output?

mypilotstore has an aftermarket cig plug that puts out 11.4 volts with good reviews for half the price of an ICOM plug. Anybody actually had a failure using 12V? If it can use 12V from the wall, why not from a battery? Maybe that box is for preventing higher voltages from alternators causing damage.

I didn't find programming that difficult but not that useful either with all the memory banks, need more than 10 slots, less than 200.

Latest posts

Back