• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Napa Lithium Battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
I just picked up a new battery to try for extending the life of my gps and radio. It's the Napa Auto Blue Fuel and has a couple really nice features.

Specs:
Lithium Iron- Less prone ot thermal runaway (fire) then lighter weight Lithium Ion
Weight: 1.7lbs (3.3lbs lighter than a 9Ah Sealed Lead Acid)
Capacity: 12 Ah
Output: 12V cig plug up to 6 amps, 5V USB, jumpstart
Recharge Input: Wall charger or cig plug
Price: not cheap ~$140

Features that look really nice:

1) Built in battery meter, that shows remaining charge as a %:D
This is huge for me, will be nice not to guess at battery life or dig out a
voltmeter to test it
2) Inset terminals, no worries that the contacts will short if the battery slides around or something metal hits both terminals.
3) On/Off button, you don't have to unplug multiple sockets
4) You can plug it into to your car to recharge, not have to hook it up to a battery charger at home.
5)Built in flashlight

Cons:
-Cost
-Need a splitter for multiple plugs

Will give a report on how it's working in a month or two

Reactions: AOP
Back