• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Aircraft tech support..Please read!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy critter

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had any issues dealing with Jim or Dondi Miller who operate aircraft technical support, ceconite and poly fiber dealer? I have done business with them off and on for more then 10 years and always thought they were the greatest folks in the world until today and I'm not sure what there problem is.
I had originally ordered a set of stab envelopes from ACS simply because I had to order about $500 worth of other stuff from them and since they said they had envelopes in stock I just had them include it in my order, then I called Jim miller and ordered all the dopes from him. I opened my envelopes from ACS this morning to start covering the stabs and found I was one short. So I called ACS and they had simply goofed up but said they didn't have anymore in stock and said it would be 3-5 weeks before they could get any out to me. So with that info I called Jim and told him the story and at first he said they would get me one right out and would be about a week or less. I then called ACS back and told them to cancel the second one and just credit the cost back to my account. An hour or so later I received a call from Jim miller and he definatly seemed different, not rude or upset, but direct and very short, stating that since I ordered from ACS he thought I should stay with them and he was not going to make me an envelope. I tried to get an explanation from him but all he would say was since I ordered originally from ACS he would not sell me an envelope. By this time I'm very confused and my feelings are hurt and I ask him if he even wanted to continue doing business with me at all, and he said that he did not care and that was up to me but not with this deal and he hung up on me! Now they will not answer my calls or return my messages. The last two times I tried to call them it wouldn't even go to their answering machine, it's like they would pickup and hang up. In the past I have always had excellent service from them and they have always been very helpful but this has really hurt me. I know I'm not one of there biggest customers but I have referred nearly 100 people to them and if this is how they are going to be simply because I bought $75 dollars worth of stuff from ACS rather then buying from them then I don't think they deserve anyone's business. I feel Jim owes me an apoligy or an explanation at the very least. I really never in my wildest dreams expected this kind of service from them. Has anyone else ever had poor service from them in the past or was I just the one unlucky guy who had to suffer the results of Jim having a very bad day?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back