• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

A 65 Cylinders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob turner

Reaction score
Been a while since I worried about these. Old ones almost always fail the scrutiny of cylinder shops. Today my Chief buddies got the bad news "your cylinders are worthless !"

Maybe 40 years ago I went through the same thing - no matter what I sent to the cylinder shop, it came back red tagged. So I grabbed the four best looking cylinders, hand-lapped the valves, honed the bores, anf flew that engine another thousand hours. It still worked fine when I switched to an 85.

Can't do that any more - most folks have to depend on a cylinder shop. So what is the solution? New from ASI? Can old and out-of-round be chromed or ceramicked (sp?) back to standard? El Reno is under water, but we are checking - your thoughts?

Latest posts

Back