• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

1946 J3C - Rebuild in Minnesota

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant

Reaction score
I took the plunge today purchasing a project airplane. I am an A&P and work in aviation. I have rebuilt before and eat sleep and breathe airplanes so I am just as much into the rebuild as the flying. I am very excited about doing this Cub because I have saved some coin to do it right. I want to incorporate some mods but still want to keep it simple. My mission is reliable flying to some less than improved locations throughout the mid west. I mostly will be flying in northern MN and WI with no pax except occasionally with my young daughter. We like to go to gravel bars to look for rocks we can polish. I don't plan on doing any extreme off-airport but like the idea of some safety factor.

Currently the list of mods are:
Left Wing Aux Tank
Cleveland Wheels
Airstreak Tires
VGs
Big Engine (Dons Dream machines)

I look forward to sharing the rebuild with you guys and hope to get tons of advice and opinions

Grant

Latest posts

Back