• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

1946 J3 w C85-12 engine

Gene Herzog

Reaction score
1946 J3 Cub, C85-12 Eng., N6414H TTSN 2285.9 hrs., SMOH 15 hrs, 772 lbs Empty Wt., New Sensenich Metal Prop M76-AK-42, Great Paint and fabric, All AD’s CW, Ext Ant , All instr OH’d by Keystone Instruments, Carb heat, mixture control, Sealed Struts, New Lge Strut bolts, Shoulder Harness Pilot Seat, Hangered since covered, Icom Radio, PTT in Stick, 2 Plc Intercom Metal Spars, Fast and climbs great in hot climate, $45,000, contact [email protected], Sulphur Springs,TX

Huston Marlowe has worked on this plane a few years ago.

Attachments

bob turner

Reaction score
I need to go to Sulphur Springs. Wing tank? Is the W/B on a 337?

Gene Herzog

Reaction score
This is the only place I have posted the plane. I am not in a hurry to sell it and will probably be going up in price when I post it on other websites (I think I am somewhat low). My wife has quit flying it and I have a Super Cub and Cherokee Six. As I mentioned, Huston Marlowe has worked on the plane with me several years ago.

Gene Herzog

Reaction score
Bob T.
Attached is scan of the logbook showing the W&B done at the time of the engine conversion. The STC came from Aircraft Specialty Services in Tulsa, OK and all requirements were complied with by Boyett Aviation here in Sulphur Springs. Hope this answers your question. I have all STC paperwork.

J3 W&B and Engine.jpg

Gene Herzog

Reaction score
Here is updated ad after the annual.

1946 J3 Cub, C85-12 Eng., N6414H TTSN 2285.9 hrs., SMOH 15 hrs, 772 lbs Empty Wt., New Sensenich Metal Prop M76-AK-42, Great Paint and fabric, All AD’s CW, Current Annual, Compression 80/80 on all cylinders, Ext Ant , All instr OH’d by Keystone Instruments, Carb heat, mixture control, Sealed Struts, New Lge Strut bolts, Shoulder Harness Pilot Seat, Hangered since covered, Icom Radio, PTT in Stick, 2 Plc Intercom Metal Spars, Fast and climbs great in hot climate, $45,000, contact [email protected], Sulphur Springs,TX

Huston Marlowe has worked on this plane a few years ago.

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
M76-AK-42,

This can't be right.