• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Where did you go today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
I usually just go "up" and do what ever comes to mind, with little planning. Today I planned a trip from Front Royal VA. to Cumberland, MD. Drew a line on a sectional chart, measured the distance, got out the E6B. All of 57 miles.

Did not find as much color as I expected, just some pockets.

On the top of the highest ridge on the route, I came across this cool cabin.

Then I spotted a really blue lake, and made a little detour north to check it out.

Arrived at Cumberland, where I used to send my students on one of their solo cross country flights from Leesburg. Surrounded by apple orchards on the hills to the east, and by mountains that go to 5,000 ft to the west. Made one nice landing, and headed back to FRR. Groundspeed was 90 mph north, 62 mph south!
Where did you go today?
Chuck Shaw

5385pocketofcolor.jpg

5387rifgetopcabin.jpg

5393mountainlake.jpg

5397CumberlandMD.jpg

5385pocketofcolor.jpg

5387rifgetopcabin.jpg

5393mountainlake.jpg

5397CumberlandMD.jpg

5385pocketofcolor.jpg

5387rifgetopcabin.jpg