• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

What's faster-Cub or B737?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Richgj3

This is more humor than rant, but one man's humor may be another's insult, so I'll put it here.

If you said a B737 is faster than a Cub, then in the words of the great Warner Wolf "YOU LOSE!"

So, how can this be? Well, in this specific case the Cub was a Legend which goes a bit faster than a J3 and holds more gas, so it had to make fewer stops which put the Seven Three at a slight disadvantage, but what put the Boeing at an even greater disadvantage was that it was being operated by Southwest Airlines. ::)

I went to the Legend factory with my friend Jim and his son Jeff. They picked up their brand new Legend and left for LI (1300NM) at about 10 AM. I left in the rental car a bit later and drove to Love Field. My flight was to go from Dallas to Houston to Orlando to Long Island (don't ask).

Now we all know that a good landing is one you can walk away from and a GREAT landing is one where you can use the airplane again. Our pilot made a good, but not great landing. Apparently after we missed the three wire on deck two things happened. First there was a "blip" on the seismograph at the local US geological Survey office and almost simultaneously, one of the overhead baggage bins dropped about 3 inches.

A mechanic came on board armed with a roll of double sided tape and a ball point pen. When the tape failed to work he used the pen to ground the airplane.

So the result of all of this was that at 8:30 PM Jim and the Legend were about 400NM from LI and the new 737 was on the ramp at Orlando which is about 900NM from LI.

Proving, once again, if you've got time to spare, go by air......or better yet, go by Cub.....it's faster.

Rich ;)

Latest posts

Back