• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

US L4H with the free French

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

De rode ridder

Reaction score
Hi,

According the records, my L4H was delivered in the standard OD and US markings. It was then shipped to North Africa to the free French who used it in the invasion of Southern France.
For over months now, I am searching on the net, writing in French Forums, contacting people,...
There aren´t many people who know and can show proof how the Piper Cub L4H looked like when it flew with the free french.
The best I came up with was that some aircraft were left in there original OD with the US markings and that the lettering on the side was changed. YC or even DC are markings that pop up from time to time in combination with the free French. In a later stage they installed the French Insigna but I have no proof of this information either.

Is there anybody over here who could help?

Thanks

French L4 5.jpg

French L4 4.jpg

French L4 3.jpg

French L4H 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back