• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Hello from England

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G BROR

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been lurking on this forum for just over a year, so it is about time that I introduced myself.

As you can see from the name I am based in England. G BROR is a 1943 L4H, She left the factory as 43-29594 bound for North Africa. Upon arrival in Africa she was sold under lend lease to the Free French and served in Italy, France, and Germany. In 1961 she became a civilian as F BHMQ and served in a number of French flying schools until 1989. An interesting period judging by the number of new propellers that were fitted!

Imported to the UK, she briefly had two owners before the White Hart Flying Group purchased her in 1990 and moved her to Sturgate in Lincolnshire, where she has resided for the last 20 years. Named after the local pub where the group was formed, the group consists of 6 people who share the costs, maintance duties, and flying.

J3 aircraft can operate in the UK on a Permit to Fly. This covers home built and orphaned aircraft similar to the experimental class in the US. The benefit is a more liberal and lower cost maintance regime. An example we recently changed the altimeter. The TSO one costs £650; an identical altimeter but without the paperwork costs £250, and it may be fitted by the owners. Our home maintence is where this forum is so helpful, the amount of knowledge and enthusiasm you guys have is brilliant.

Thanks!

Here is a link to OR visiting a neighbouring aerodrome. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X9QbHU64Kg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X9QbHU64Kg[/ame]

Chris Firth

Latest posts

Back