• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Time Machine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shakey

I am going to break my short lived silence and risk another post. I recently met a gentleman on the phone who purchased my metal prop for sale on Barnstormers who made a comment tonight that I will never forget. He owns a 46 Taylorcraft with the same engine as my Cub and is 68 years young retired from United Airlines, He said "flying these airplanes is like going up in a time machine." He went on to say that at 1500 ft the landscape looks very much the same as what it looked in 1946 with few exceptions. OH MY GOSH That is exactly what I experience in the J 3. My first ride was unplanned, as I was looking at a Cub for sale that happened to be based at a strip in Ar where my father trained to become a B 24 pilot. That day it all hit home for me. I will spare you all the personal details, but I will tell you that it stamped me for life. The J 3 represents SO MUCH to me. I must work hard to not allow this to take precedent over God and family. Dave, thanks again for the 5 hours with you in the Cub. Denton thank you for all your hard work restoring 3548N for me.I wish I did not have to work so many hours and had more time to be involved in the work. I went out the morning of Father's Day and got 1 hour of dual in a Ces 140. It was noticeable to my instructor that I had developed some more feel for taildragers. David all those landings even 18 inches high really helped. It really is like a time machine. Any comments ;D

Latest posts

Back