• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Thank You

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Johnson

Premium Member
Reaction score
As most of you know, I've been battling renal failure for the past several years. Last fall it became evedent that this year things were going to come to a head. Either some form of dialysis or a transplant were in my near future. I was overwhelmed with the number of offers from friends offering to be tested as a donor. This kidney disease is hereditary and I'm the last of my generation to need a transplant. This means that half my cousins have donated and the other half have received transplants. For other health reasons my siblings could not donate. Well fortunately my wife Linda was the first to be tested. Despite what all the quizzes in Cosmopolitan said, we were very compatable. The doctors said it was the type of match they would expect from siblings. We are not from West Virginia. (Honest) The whole process is much longer than it needs to be. The last six months have been an emotional roller coaster for us. Take some tests, wait, take some more tests, wait. Then add in the grief that our two adopted daughters had been giving us and the last six months have been pretty rough. We have a surgery date of July 7th and are holding our breath hoping that nothing screws this up. It's going to feel good to feel good again.

Early this morning, Tim stopped by our house under the premise that we were going to rib stitch his tailfeathers and ailerons. That's not really why he stopped by. Apparently when Lee came over to fly with me in May, he picked up on the fact that Linda had been wanting a deck off the back of the house for years. It's the old story about the shoemakers kids going bare foot. She doesn't usually ask for much and I should have built it years ago. Lee and Tim had been collaborating. Tim showed up with a Lowes gift card for the materials and his tools to help build the deck. Lee and several members from this site chipped in for the gift card and Tim was here to help. I'm overwhelmed. Thank You and Linda thanks you. This show of support is awesome. We didn't start on the deck because I didn't have that level of energy today, Linda wasn't home to tell us what she wanted and Tim was sick as a dog. He said he picked up something from his nephew and niece but I think it's something he picked up from one of his small rumenant friends. Tim and Eric are going to come back in July and help put the deck up.

We are headed up to the cottage this weekend for a short stay, to sit on the dock,relax and visit old friends. I'm reminded of an old M*A*S*H episode where Col. Potter was making a toast. He said something to the effect that "as much as my old friend meant to me my new friend mean even more" Like I always say. Cub people are the best. Thank You

Latest posts

Back