• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Super Legend-PIREP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwightsmall

Reaction score
I've had my Super Legend for a month and love it! I'm working out several new airplane/new model bugs but nothing so serious that I can't enjoy the process. My plane is the #1 Super after the prototype.

Mine has the standard Lycoming 0-233 (115hp) engine with the Catto 74x40 prop. This prop gives extra performance over the prototype with the Sensenich ground adjustable. I flew 'em both and the Catto is better.

Today I departed home base (2,000 msl and 55 degrees) at max gross wt and climbed at 900fpm. My TAS was 100 mph @2,500 rpm with a flow of 6.4 gph. At 2,400 rpm my TAS was 93mph with a flow of 5.7. I have 26" tires on it so when I put the 8.00x6.00 back on I will be able to add about 3 mph to these speeds.

I mostly use half flaps for landing and see landing speeds of about 32 mph and with full flaps speeds of <30.

I took it to a breakfast fly-in at Coolidge, AZ today and it continually had lookers gathered around it. It is a truly good looking airplane. I'll try to attach a picture to this post.

dwight & n311sl 4post.jpg

super legend 4post.jpg

Latest posts

Back