• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Something lighthearted and fun: More Geo adventures.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

couleeone

Reaction score

Something lighthearted and fun: More Geo adventures.

Great day today, finally it cleared up to be a beautiful sunny day, around 55 degrees! Did a whole lot of stop and go's and a few practice low flybys. Then I heard on the radio about a pod of Orcas (Killer Whales) a few miles away. I made a few circles and tried to get pics but can't get too close as there are some restrictions. The fishing fleet at Gig Harbor was out netting for salmon. It is amazing what you can see from the sky that on land you don't even know about! I

I am merging and bonding more and more with my sport cub, becoming part of me and me part of it!

Today was a part of flying my sport cub that I really enjoy, enough that I thought I would share it with you. Some of you have been flying for many years but you got to remember the days when you were a Captain Newbie and felt so alive with the stick in your hand!

Everywhere I go in my sport cub, even sometimes the ATC's treat me as something special! People gravitate to check the sport cub out and I have met some really cool people because of that! Get this, I had a Lear Jet pilot today as he was being refueled come over and was envious of the sport cub and asked a lot of questions. You could see the gleam in his eyes as he checked 7AK out!

Don't you just love it!!

Geo

Here are some pics from today:

First pic is of the salmon fishing fleet off Gig Harbor

second pic is of the prca (killer whales) pod

third pic is the best of both worlds

fishing fleet Gig Harbor 11-5-07 001.jpg

orca pod near vashon 11-5-07 001.jpg

sport cub and citation side by side.jpg

fishing fleet Gig Harbor 11-5-07 001.jpg

orca pod near vashon 11-5-07 001.jpg

sport cub and citation side by side.jpg