• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

So you think you want heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubdriver2

Reaction score
Hooked up the heat today like I had in my Pa11 and the J4. Everybody say's there's no heat in a J3 but this works pretty good. Problem with heat in a Cub is that it comes out next to the floor and stay's there till it gets sucked under the back seat. You can get the aluminum flanges and Y's or 90s from Wag or Spruce or make steel ones out of exhaust pipe. So here's what I did, screwed a flange to the heater box where it come into the cabin at the lower firewall and ran scat under the front seat to the rear stick.

006-5.jpg

010-5.jpg

It' was 37F when I tested it just before dark today and it's not hot but it's more then warm air, about the same as you car on a low blower setting. I'm going to add this Y to the front section and a nerf ball stuffed in the top hole makes a simple way to block it off when I'm by myself in the back.

014-2.jpg

In my 11 the heated came out in the middle of the V on the firewall center so I used a flat flangs screwed to the box and then this 90 to bring the scat up under the panel.

017-2.jpg

Glenn

Latest posts

Back