• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

New to the forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BTHOR

Reaction score
Hello all, I have recently purchased the plane I’ve dreamed about owning for years. I really just wanted to post a quick hello and thanks to all who have provided me countless hours of reading material. I will be very involved in the upcoming several months. Here’s a quick back story on myself. I am 28 y/o work on my family farm in Michigan and have been extremely passionate about aviation since a very young age. Watching the local crop dusters fly has always drawn my eyes towards the sky. Whether it be a bell-47, Cessna 188, Ag cats, or even the turbine thrushes that currently fly for us. Aviation is in my blood and always will be as long as I live. I recently purchased a 1941 j3c with an a-65 which was a bit of a barn find if you will. However it has a ton of potential and is currently undergoing either a rebuild on the current engine, or possibly even a re-power since the ultimate goal would be to have it on floats. I will be reaching out to all of you for the valuable insight that you may be able to provide in the coming months. Thanks again to all and look forward to becoming more involved in the forum. View attachment ImageUploadedByJ3 Cub1515796371.959073.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByJ3 Cub1515796404.290164.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByJ3 Cub1515796423.554494.jpg
First picture was the morning of the pickup before removing the wings and the other two were from a week after owning it. I can reach out to fellow aviators locally about aviation related questions but not so much cub specific questions since nobody in my local network has owned a j-3 cub. with that being said I’m sure I will meet several Local guys who have owned them, I just have not yet.

Latest posts

Back