• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Smart elleck Airline pilot and the P.A. announcement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longwinglover

Reaction score
Sometimes you just want to give them an Academy Award!

This is a great story sent by a Co-Pilot on an Alaska Airlines flight. Hysterical!!!!
Oh joy! I can't wait for the next ground delay, or long taxi due to weather somewhere, to get a smart ass with a freakin I-phone shoving it in my face saying "It's NOT raining there... SEE !"
Too late...already happened to me. We push back, get advised of a ground stop in MEM due to storms in the area. Go to the penalty box and wait.

My Captain does the lecture over the PA... not one minute later, we get a call from the Flight Attendant saying that "some guy with an I-Phone says the weather at our destination is good, and wants to know what the real reason is for the delay. Is something wrong with the plane?"
I want to tell this clown what he can do with his I-diot Phone -- but the Captain does it even better.

He gets on the PA and makes the following announcement :
"If the passenger with the IPhone would be kind enough to use it to check the weather at our alternate, calculate our fuel burn due to being rerouted around the storms, call the dispatcher to arrange our release, and then make a phone call to the nearest Air Traffic Control center to arrange our timely departure amongst the other aircraft carrying passengers with IPhones, then we will be more than happy to depart. Please ring your call button to advise the Flight Attendant and your fellow passengers when you deem it ready and responsible for this multi-million dollar aircraft and its 84 passengers to safely leave."

Needless to say, the passenger was pretty embarrassed. The F/A later told us the rest of the plane was outright laughing at this dude. What a clown.

Latest posts

Back