• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Safe de-waxer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
5 hours in my "new" cub, and I'm at the most dangerous moment, I feel confident taking off, still working on the landing part :)

My question is I'm looking for safe way to de-wax the plane. It was recovered in 86, with Polyfiber?? (bluish fabric ) and has been hangered since, but its now a brownish/golden color, and I'd like to get it back to bright cub yellow.

The guy I bought it from had cleaned a small patch on the tail, and the difference is quite bright.

So..

1. recommendations on stripping the old wax without damaging the top coat?
2. recommendations for rewaxing/protecting once it has been cleared?
3. recommendations for cleaning ( other than pledge wipe downs of leading edges, prop )

Thanks

Latest posts

Back