• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

rigging / trim question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdenora

badabing !!
Reaction score
I have recently finished my cub restoration and came out great , I made a great friend who help me finish it and we flew the cub for over 35 hours now since full restoration.
We flew the cub with 2 persons and it was pretty good, the only thing we noticed was that on flying solo, the trim had to be full down and the plane still wanted to climb a little, other than that the plane flies hands off , and with 2 passengers the plane is trimmed a little over half way and still flies hands off , the W/B came out all good just as it was in the log books, the cub is not all original, has float fittings , a light wood baggage compartment, a c90-8 with a metal prop, and 2 wing tanks, I just installed grove brakes on it, everything else is pretty much stock.

I would like to have some spare trim to play with when solo, I am filling the primary tank so it can make some counterweight and require less correction,I just want to make sure its all OK, although we did a bunch of stall and spins and the good thing is that the plane does not want to spin easily you have to force it in so I guess that is good.

My question is can it be something off with the rigging ?
Or can the weight and balance be off ?
Is it normal to use up all the trim ?

Im totally new to cubs and would like to have it fly as normal as I can get it to, so sorry if Im asking something stupid, but Im in mexico and there is only one other cub that I know of.

I hope I can get a good feedback here.

regards

christian

Latest posts

Back