• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

New motor in! Trim, not so good...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kjnastro

Reaction score
Cubbers,

Brand spankin' new C90 and 72/46 wood on the nose! I upgraded from A65. Let's just say I was airborne before I was able to get the throttle all the way forward, and I am still smiling like an idiot. Best upgrade to date. I am very happy.

She is no faster, but speed doesn't excite me. It was the climb I was after and boy does it deliver.

The install added about 8lbs total to the nose. Now with full fwd trim and me solo in the back seat I have to maintain a fair amount of fwd pressure on the stick to maintain straight and level. What a drag! It was fairly annoying after an hour flight this morning.

I looked at my horiz stabs. They aren't exactly even. The left one has a slight curve up on the leading edge, and the right one has a slight curve down on the trailing edge. I am sure this is a factor, but that much? Aren't all Cubs bent just a little? Can I get more trim somewhere?

I have heard other people talk about the horiz. stab being installed upside down. Not the case here, I have checked it out.

Any ideas?

cub.jpg

Latest posts

Back