• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

New Member question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canuck Bob

Reaction score
Hello from Canada. Happy Independence day and a quick thought for our foriegn troops in harms way for our respective Nation's birthdays.

I am considering a J3 building project. I own a Fly Baby and am considering using the plane as the parts source for the build. Strong A65, new mags, J3 wheels and tires, engine mount and cowling/eyebrows, and tired J3 fuel tank, etc.
Its a no brainer except for a problem.

Here's my problem, 2 artificial hips and XXL size. I can get in a Super Cub but it isn't pretty. I am considering a J3 with a door, wing tanks and a short wing(29'). I have a hangar that will fit a PA-15/17 but nothing with a larger span. Planes are easier to get than a nice grass strip hangar around here!

Has anyone heard of anyone ever combining the Wagabond and Cubby drawings to make a J3 with a door? One note the plane will be built as a single seater to meet Canadian UL rules. Yes a 1200# gross plane with some rules limiting HP and small wings is a legal UL in Canada. Of course a Wagabond is the sensible choice but its not a Cub.

One other question, I live at 4000' AGL. What kind of performance do 65hp short wing Pipers give at 950#'s and 5-6000 density elevation?

Latest posts

Back