• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

New LSA rule coming...might be weight increase!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickTx

Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt, but I just talked to one of the most respected sport pilot examiners in the country and he said that next month we may get some surprises in the new LSA rules. One of them is the possibility of a weight increase for LSA...whether that's enough to pocket the Cessna150 is unknown, but you might recall that about a year ago there was a proposal by AOPA to increase the weight so we can get the Cessna 150 in there. Key points for the increase in the proposal were the ability to add additional safety equipment like radios and emergency parachutes. In my opinion, it would help bring down the costs of aviation.

Personally, I doubt this would happen because it would not be good for the current and future Light sport aircraft. Why pay $100,000 for something only marginally faster than a Cessna 150? You sure as hell know that Cessna will be against this as they want to sell their new Skycatcher. On the other hand, if the weight increase IS increased to 1600, I'm going to buy a C150 overnight as there are several sitting here in my area (flawless condition) for the price of a used Ford F150.

Latest posts

Back