• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Need a Marvel Carb!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragwing

Reaction score
My Stromberg float stuck down and the C85 refused to drink it. We had asked for a down wind departure and just as we cleared the down wind side of the airport she quit. I thought my student had bumped the throttle with his elbow. I had asked him to check the time as we turned on course for our cross country trip. Being a young guy he does not think having a wrist watch is cool so he was digging in his pants pocket for his cell phone to note the departure time.

To his credit he immeadiately checked the fuel selector valve. I reinforced that idea in him two weeks ago. This time switching tanks did not bring the ponies back.

I nudged the stick over "We better turn base here, don't you think?" He had it set up in no time so I let him bring it back to runway 27.

I jumped out after we stopped and saw a stream of fuel pouring out of the carb. We got permission from tower to push it about a half mile over to Cub Crafters.

I would like to find an MA 3 SPA 10 - 4240. Anyone have a spare to sell?

Thanks Brian Thompson 509 945 1985

Latest posts

Back