• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

David Clark Quality Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sikorsky

Reaction score
It’s never a good idea to say or write anything when one is mad. I have waited over a week, and sufficiently cooled down, but still feel compelled to tell my fellow aviators about my recent experience with the folks at David Clark.

I have used DC headsets for multiple decades and I have had fantastic luck with their products. Appreciating green, I sent two “old trusties” back for beautification. Each headset I willingly paid $150 for service, and looked forward to getting them back. The pictures below are what they looked like when I got them back.

I called customer service, spoke to Joanne Nissen, and sent her pictures. She replied back via email, “OMG Zach! Never in my almost 28 years have I seen this!” Joanne seemed like a nice lady.

I sent both headsets back thinking D.C. will make it right somehow. After a few days, I got a call back from Joanne saying, (I’m paraphrasing) my headsets were worked on are are now clean. I continued politely, (honey and vinegar theory) and asked if they could sweeten the deal a bit for my inconvenience. Joanne told me no, but she suggested I talk to the big boss, Brian Degnan.

“Sure, put him on.”

Brian got on the phone and right out of the gate I felt like I was living a scene from the Godfather. He was aggressive, rude, told me my headsets were at least 15 years old and I was lucky they worked on them at all. When I told him David Clark offered a service, I bought the service at full rate, and didn’t receive the service I paid for, he became MUCH more aggressive, rude, and belligerent.

I was stunned.

I’ve learned in life, getting in shouting matches doesn’t solve anything, so I declined to engage in Brian’s antics, listened for as long as I could stomach, thanked him, and hung up.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Is this the attention to detail you want in your headset?

The headsets did come back cleaner, but my recent experience with David Clark, every time I look at a green headset, I now think of how BRIAN DEGNAN treated me.

I hear Bose and Lightspeed make wonderful Christmas presents.

Zach

IMG_5091.JPG
IMG_5094.JPG
IMG_5092.JPG
IMG_5088.JPG

Latest posts

Back