• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

N88427

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryWard

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought this project back in June. This J-3 last flew some 15 years ago until an annual revealed corrosion in lower longerons. Rebuild was started then the owner stopped and had the aircraft put in "destroyed" status with the FAA. I was assured by an FAA FSDO friend of the owner and mine that the aircraft can regain a new Airworthiness Certificate. He is still working on it.
This project came with an A75 engine. I have already purchased a newly rebuilt C85-12 with O200 Crank STC conversion. I got this engine because it became available on Barnstormers.
I plan to install an 8 gal tank in the left wing
Other than that, I plan to keep this J3 essentially stock.

Restoration is well under way. Work is being done by Ed Fisher, A&P, at Whiteplains airport, Gilbert, SC. Ed is an excellent craftsman and we plan to do a first class restoration on this J3.
I live in Lincolnton, GA

Year: 1946
Model: J-3
Engine: C85
Engine Modifications: O200 crankshaft STC

Latest posts

Back