• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

My 1941 Cub's history

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j3heavyjr

Reaction score
I was looking through all the paperwork that came with my dad's cub last night. I found the original log books and it was neat to sit down for an hour and read through them. I found it interesting that the very first entry was for a 0.5 hour test hop in September of 1941 that determined it was airworthy, but no one signed their name on that entry. The second entry was for 9.5 hour delivery flight the very next day. The cub then spent the next 4 years averaging about 60 hours a month with a bunch of months where it exceeded 120 hours a month.

During that time I noticed they replaced the tail wheel assembly several times and I had an entry that states they replaced every bolt in the airframe (with "every" underlined). It was also neat to read the entries from when my dad bought it back in the 60's. You could really sense the pride he had in owning the cub.

Latest posts

Back