• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Might Become a Convert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobD

Reaction score
Recently found a C85 J3 for a Student that wanted to go Sport Pilot. I've been a Super Cub guy all my life, brief encounters with other Cubs but never gave anything else much of a chance.
Because of logistics AND I"M A SUPER NICE GUY, :) I agreed to fly his new Cub home from Dallas to SW Michigan. I made the trip a week ago today. I have to say I am absolutely amazed at the performance of this airplane.
The first time I flew it, my bag was strapped to the front seat, the sun was just breaking the horizon and I was headed for Michigan. I eased the power forward the tail rose almost immediately, in a slit second the mains skipped a bit and she was begging to fly. A slight touch of the stick and we were airborne, climbing like a home sick angel.
Made a left turn and headed northeast, leveling initially at 2000 MSL to stay below the Class B. Set 2350-2400 rpm and the airspeed showed 80 mph. A glance at the GPS showed 81.... knots!! 12 hours later, 6 stops, with right at 10 hours of flight time, I landed in SW Michigan. What a great trip! Wish I would have had time to stop and smell the roses a bit but still a great experience!!
We've now done 3 hours of flight training in it and it is an absolute joy!! (A little tight for a tubby guy like me in the front but I'm adjusting.)
Lets see.... I could have TWO nice J3s for what I have in my Super..... hhhhmmmm..... :)

Latest posts

Back