• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Making this forum public killed it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfrazer

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I've noticed that the Sport Cub forum has become completely silent of late. There are excited new owners taking delivery, a growing fleet and upgrades available from CC. And nothing. Silence. I think that having a place to post frank discussions about the plane amongst people who have a vested interest in the plane is valuable. Looking at the Cirrus Owners and Pilots Assoc (COPA) website, www.cirruspilots.com, there is a vibrant members section that you gain access to for $50/year. There are honest criticisms of Cirrus' customer service (over all good, with a few horror stories. CC in my experience far surpasses them), a supportive community for flying tips and lots of other benefits that makes it the best $50 I spend in aviation.
I do not want to post something for everyone to read that could be construed by a critic with an ax to grind as a knock on my plane. I would like to regain the benefit of our collective knowledge to be a better pilot, learn more about my CC11-100, and hear more about our group. The trust necessary for this communication to take place cannot be in a open, public forum. I don't want some idiot hearing about cracked exhausts and starting a tirade that gives the SC a bad rap that's undeserved.
Will has done a fantastic job with J3-cub.com and I do appreciate it very much. But for the SC community, I urge you to take this portion of the forum private, or investigate a membership based alternative.
All the best,
Tom Frazer
CC11-100 #33

Latest posts

Back