• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Looking for night ready cub to rent for record attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avengerXJ

Reaction score
I was hoping someone could help me out here. I am looking to rent a Piper Cub in either the far southeast (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina), or northeast (New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, etc...). However, I need it to meet these requirements:

1. Must be NIGHT certified, as I will be flying it at night.
2. Its weight with full fuel will need to be around 800 pounds or less.
3. It needs to be able to withstand a long journey without question.

I don't care what engine it has or whether or not it has a starter or any of that fancy stuff, just that it meets the requirements above. All rental fees can be paid however the owner prefers.

Thanks in advance...

There seems to have been a bit of confusion about my motives on my original post so I will clarify a bit:

A friend of mine and myself are going to attempt to set a record, which we want to do in a Cub. It will require approximately 3 weeks with the aircraft and about 150 hours of flying. This flying would include both day and night. To be able to attempt the record, we have to stay under a total weight 1200 lbs. at all times and the aircraft must have an original or "like original" fuel take so that weight can be verified. Both my friend and I are well qualified as far as hours go and we both have plenty of tail-wheel experience. I would rather not give any more details until we are able to decide for sure whether or not we can get an aircraft.

Again, thanks in advance for any help...

Latest posts

Back