• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Landing Gear mods J3 to increase gross weight to 1220#

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustycoon

Reaction score
Hello all, new to the forum and hopefully a new J3 operator soon!

I am learning lots but couldn't find any posts where someone has made the mods to an J3 to bring it from an 1100 or 1170 pound plane to a 1220. (Particularly - after fuselage has already been covered.)
I have the articles from cubclub that explains the differences but not being terribly inclined toward engineering myself - I wondered if someone had made the modifications and documented the process. Anyone know of any threads or articles anywhere that go through this?

If not, would anyone being willing to share their experience including costs?
I would be most grateful for knowledge to help me while looking for aircraft to purchase. :D

-Rusty

Latest posts

Back