• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

L4, J3, or Bastard Cub??? Please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy critter

Reaction score
Okay so my wife and daughter are both down with a bad case of the flu so I'm staying inside this weekend just in case they need me. So while they nap I decided to do a little research on my Cub project. Please help me figure this out. My logs go back to 1960 and at that time it is N51531, sn 10428. Then in 2005 there is a note in the log that states..."Note: FAA changed N# due to duplicate. Old number N51531, new N#-N4223S".....This is the only paperwork at all or record of paperwork I can find on this matter. I can find the original number comes up to an L4 but I can't figure out if it ever matched my s/n. currently it comes up registered to a North American SNJ-3 with little history to be found on it either. I can find more L4 history related to the original number then anything. Is there anyone out there who can tell me what I really have? From 1960 until 2005 it was N51531,s/n 10428. Now it is N4223S, s/n 10428(Same s/n). However I can't get the serial number search to work for me. Any help would be great. I'm beginning to think it might be another Johnny Cash Cub(built it one piece at a time and didn't cost me a dime....,lol). Thanks, Kev

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back