• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Just got my first Cub!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MParson597

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just bought my first Cub in Northern California and flew it 1800nm miles back home to Dallas/Ft.Worth. 27.6 hours of flight time and 21 landings in addition to the 2.5 hours of dual with 15 landings the insurance company required prior my departure. What an experience. The fog in the San Fernando Valley in CA. took me four days to get through. The desert between Edwards Air force Base and El Paso,TX was severe clear with light turbulence. El Paso however, was blowing 20 with gusts to 35. That held me up a couple of days. The last day was between Sweetwater, TX and the airplanes new home Bonham, TX. Man, it bounced me around like a ball bearing in a paint can. I have a great amount of respect for my new 72 year old airplane. It’s not as smooth and not half as fast as my Bonanza was but then I’m not in much of a hurry anymore anyway.

I look forward to meeting and visiting with Cub folks at the next fly-in...

Mark

Latest posts

Back