• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

J3 Tires not balanced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WV-GWS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a couple of new J3 tires (4") from AC spruce. Had to wait a long time to get them. When they came, the looked good. My excellent IA mounted them along with new tubes. The red dot is aligned with the valve stem on both wheels, but the tires seem to be out of balance, the left worse than the right. I can visibly see the tire wobble some and feel the lack of smoothness after takeoff, especially if I get the tail up prior to rotation. I usually rotate around 40 mph or if 3 point takeoff, when ever it comes up in ground effect. I do 98% traditional full stall landings, but when I do the occasional wheel landing I can also feel to problem. I'm pretty sure the red dot is supposed to be lined up with the valve stem. Is that true? Maybe Goodyear's not making tires like they used to, despite the price going up and the wait. Any suggestions? Can the tires and wheels be taken somewhere and spun balanced? Thanks. WV-GWS.

Latest posts

Back