• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

J-3 intercom setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredguaz

Reaction score
Hello. A question for you electronic wizards. I have a flightcom iisx portable intercom and using an icom a-22 portable transceiver, 2 david clark h10-30 headsets and a pair of telex p-t-t switches. I have no problem hooking up one ptt switch to the radio thru the intercom. (Both headsets are plugged into intercom. Mic from intercom is connected thru ptt switch before plugging into the OPC-499 headset jack into the radio.) My dilemma is that I am trying to add a second p-t-t switch to the system so that both pilots can transmitt. (I know! We are talking about a J-3 cub here!!) I thought that if I got two .206 splitters, a 2 female to 1 male, and a 1 female to 2 male adapter, it would work.
The problem is we are dealing with .206 jacks which I believe are aviation jacks and as far as I can tell, not available at radio shack. Is there an alternative to paying 35 bucks each for the adapters (I can't even find the 2 female to 1 male adapter), or am I missing something?
Thank you,
Fred

Latest posts

Back