• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

J-3 for training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhawk

Reaction score
Ive taught tail wheel for years in C-140 Citabria and Super D. Looking at getting back into teaching tail wheel full time as there are none in my area but it is a nitch within a nitch and want to do it right. Super D was too expensive for the market where I was. My thought is a J-3. Initial acquisition cost is not bad, operating cost seems fairly low and it has appeal to people. Yet while I have flown them I have not owned one. Thoughts on what to look for in a trainer? Starter or no? Mixed feelings with that. Added weight may be tough getting some people in it, yet maybe safer. Flip side without it lower weight and I think teaching pilots to prop start would be neat yet added risk with students. Anyway- what to look for?

Latest posts

Back