• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

It's not a helicopter, but close!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfrazer

Reaction score
:D Hey Cubbers!

My son Colin and I went for a afternoon flight in #33 yesterday. The ATIS was calling 6kts down the runway, but the windsock was limp when I took the active. I'm 190 lbs, Colin is 100 and we had approx 12 gal of fuel on board. With one notch of flaps, we started our roll at the top of the runway numbers and was climbing by the time we clear the end of the first dashed line on the runway. The tower called, "that roll was so short you're like a helicopter!" We settled into a 850-1000 fpm climb. By the time we crossed the airport boundry on our left crosswind departure, we were at 2,000'. Super fun. The 4into0 exhaust is a true enhancement.

My wheel landings are really nice now, but the 3 points are suffering a little. Have to knock off the winter rust.

All the best,
tom

Latest posts

Back