• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

I went over to the Dark Side (Aeronca)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlaL4

Reaction score
Guys, I could not find a decent well documented L-4 project so I went with this 1942 O-58A I found just up the road. It has 1100 hours TT and has been in storage since 1956. Airframe Logbooks go back to 1945 and the AAF flight time was brought forward and entered, 756 hours. I have the full operational history of the aircraft and plan to restore it as it left the factory with the NOS Learadios that I have. The B model came with RCA radios. The aircraft came with a box full of old documents, photos and original manuals. The photo bucket link is at the end of the post.

LogbookentryNov1945.jpg

BillOFSaleO-58A42-7796.jpg

You can see some scanned documents and photos here:

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/L-4Pilot/1942%20Aeronca%20O-58A%2042-7796/

Best Regards,
Steve

Latest posts

Back