• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

I have an upper and lower door in decent shape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hames57

Reaction score
My new Univair fuselage came with upper and lower doors with piano hinge. My doors from my old fuselage are not needed, and I don't like just piling old airplane parts in my home or hanger. The upper door still has plexi, and the lower door is mostly covered. Both could do with a strip and bead blast I'm sure. Both use the single tab type hinges. My old fuselage was a pieced together piece of 40 plus years of bends and bad welds, but I think the doors have not been altered. I'd have to have someone give me some dimensions from an original fuselage to be sure about the unaltered statement.

So, if anyone is interested in the doors, both upper and lower, let me know. You could get me some dimensions and angles from your fuselage, and I could compare those with my doors. I don't know what the value is, but I'm open to cash, trades for portable com radios or other cub "electronics" or other interesting flying type stuff. Or if you can make an arguement about being terribly poor, that might work too. (Better be a good arguement though). I wouldn't mind getting my hands on an orginal type Scott master brake cylinder for the port side either. I'm using a super cub type there now. Whatever.

Latest posts

Back