• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Hunting J3 Cubs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjetur

Reaction score
Hi
I have always wanted a J3 Cub since I was little guy hanging around the airport (ANP) waiting for my father to finish flight instructing. I have been around aviation my entire life 40 years and have always loved planes. My father was a commercial pilot and flew as a corporate pilot his entire life. His aviation career started in 1945 flying J3's at Spartan School of aeronautic. He passed away back in 1991 of natural causes with 26 thousands hours. One day I was looking at his log book from Spartan and got the bright idea that it would be really cool to own a J3 that he learned to fly in. This started 2 years ago with 13 possible planes, using the web I found that 6 of the 13 J3's are no longer with us. Two planes are flying and I have contacted there owners N38536 and N27912. Unfortunately they love there Cub's to much to part with them. Three planes are out there registered, but I have not been able to contact the owners N41303,N25758,N24558. Then there is the last two planes that have no activity with the FAA register since 1977 (maybe sitting in a barn) N31090 and N30930 one was last registered in Texas and the other in Oklahoma. I would like any information I can get on these planes. I am a AP mechanic and would love to find and rebuild one of these Cub's. If I can't get one of the above list believe me I will buy a Cub someday. The Cub on Ebay last week was just 2 serial numbers away from one in the log book. Thanks for reading Peter

Latest posts

Back