• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Hello from a new member in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gumbeau

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been browsing the forum for a while and decided to go ahead and sign up and participate a bit.

A little about me.

I fly for a living (currently flying a corporate CRJ) and haven't been in a reciprocating engine powered airplane in about 10 years.

But I have a lot of small airplane time. The kids are just about all out the house and I'm thinking about getting back into small airplanes.

I'd like a simple tail dragger. Not sure if a Cub is going to be my first choice but I do like the Cub. Last time I was in a J-3 was 1984 so my memory is a little fuzzy.

I'm probably a couple years from a purchase but I've been shopping hangar space. Not cheap at KDWH, the nearest airport to my house.

Right now I'm getting checked out in a local 172 and am looking into a tail dragger and instructor to refresh my tail wheel skills.

I'm one of those rare birds in that the vast majority of my tailwheel time is of the heavy twin variety having hauled freight in Beech 18's for about 7 years. In a lot of ways 2 motors makes a tail wheel easier but the 2000 lbs of freight always made it exciting.

Anyway, I'm looking to learn about Cub flying and ownership and maybe bum a ride or two.

BTW....I'm in Spring, Texas if anyone is nearby.

Latest posts

Back