• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Got my ticket punched for tail wheels!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralf

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my private license back in the early 70's. Got the tail wheel bug after hanging around our little airport in Fayetteville WV and riding in my buddy's Stearman. Then 13 tail wheelers (Super Cubs and a couple of Cubs) showed up at our Airport this fall and we were off to Texas to buy a 1941 J-3.

Thanks to this forum, I found Dennis Dixon in Hastings FL a CFI and A&P that does tail wheel training in a 65 HP Cub at the grass field where he also does repairs and is building a STOL CH750. He is SE of St. Augustine in the Potato Capital of the world, according to the road signs.

I was there for 5 1/2 days and mostly flew three times a day. After a few hours flying the J-3 with Dennis I started to re-read sections of the classic "Stick and Rudder" and it finally started to make sense. Dennis, his wife Eleanor and his step father Charlie were the consummate hosts.

I am back in WV and can't wait to get our J-3 up in the air. I am also pushing to finish a 1941 J-5 project. I got my prop back from the shop today. We are planing a wing covering party for my left wing of the J-5 with guidance from Dan Ward of Wardaero. Dennis Dixon can be reached at [email protected].

Latest posts

Back