• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Flew a Legend!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Johnson

Reaction score
Through the good graces of a new friend, I was able to solo a Legend Cub today. (We traded airplanes for a bit.)

What a great airplane! Very comfortable, (I'm 6'4" and flew from the front.) I liked the throttle placement and of course the extra power was nice. While I have been known to question why anybody would spend 100K on a Cub, let me be the first to say that I understand completely. While I guess I'm a J-3 purist in the classic sense of the word, (Read that hard-headed.) if I was going to run a flight school, I'd write the check in a heartbeat. The only thing that felt decidedly un Cub-like was the elevator. (Spongy?) No big deal though and certainly not a complaint. I liked having both sides open too.

So, those of you with a Legend? Congratulations! That's a very nice airplane you've got there.

PS, If anybody is looking for a nicely done Wag Aero CUBy, clipped wing, freshly restored, with electrics, a pretty interior, wood prop and an O-200?

$55,000.

Drop me a line and I'll put you in touch with the owner. Just like a Legend for half the price. This airplane has a good pedigree. (The guy who did the restoration is well-known around here for his rag and tube work.) Jus t posting the info for a friend - I have no financial involvement in this one at all.)

Latest posts

Back