• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

eyebrows for sale

W

wingsoverdixie

I build show quality engine eyebrows with all hardware and mounting brackets. Custom built for all small Contenintal. Can be seen on Barnstormers or will send pics. Only $349.00 plus shipping. Email me or call (662) 582 8228

Eyebrows_top.jpg

EyeBrows_side.jpg

Capt Harry

Reaction score

Do you make any other cowling for the J-3? Specifically, the engine cowling, less the nose bowl pieces? Best, harry Ballance

W

wingsoverdixie

Hi, I currently only make eyebrows... Each set is hand built so it is very time consuming. Thanks

cleangreen7

Reaction score
I need a set of J-3/C-85 eyebrows. Do you already have them made? If not how long would it take for me to get a set. Thanks

Camarillo Cub

Reaction score
I could use a set for the C-85 as well. Do you include any of the suggested reinforcements for J-3's with metal props?

eyebrowguy

Reaction score
Hello!!

Been without a shop for a while but I've recently relocated and I'm back to building eyebrows!

Thanks!!!

Mar01$14.jpg

Mar01$10.jpg

Mar01$14.jpg

Mar01$10.jpg

Mar01$14.jpg

Mar01$10.jpg

longwinglover

Reaction score
Are you the fellow that was in Kos., MS?

Do you roll a length of wire in the "leading edge of the eyebrows?

Have you seen the drawings by Len Buckel in the Cub Club newsletter for strengthening and reinforcing the eyebrows to resist cracking when using a metal prop? Can you produce sets with this reinforcement?

Thanks!

John Scott

eyebrowguy

Reaction score
Yes,
I'm from MS just relocated to ID. I do not roll the wire in the front edge, I've found through R&D that a half rolled front edge is better to resist cracks. It places less stress on the aluminum than a full circle over wire. I also use 3003H14 aluminum which is stronger and more "forgiving" under vibration, this is due to the fact the alloy is softer than say 6061. I use solid aluminum rivets to fasten the front and back and the mounting tabs are pressed out .071 4130 cold-rolled steel which is extremely strong. Also, I use felt between the baffle and mounting bracket the soak up even more vibration.

I've been building and researching these for close to 5 years and I personally guarantee the baffles not to crack or fail for the life of the plane under normal use or I'll replace them free of charge no questions asked Period!!

Thanks!