• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Engine help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen

Reaction score
I have a cont.85-8 that has the last log book entry for it dated 1992 it had 320 hr smoh on it .I am looking for some tips to put it back in service . Plan on having a jug or two pulled to get a look inside. Was wondering if replacing any other parts at that time would be a good idea or any tips that anyone would have before mounting the engine. Tried the post search and found front seal replaced but not much of anything else mentioned other than pulling the jugs. The engine has a set of L4 mag.s at this time ,in a search of these mags only thing negative about them was parts where scarce ,that I could find. Would like to here anyone's thoughts on what they would do in this case if they were to do this. This will be going on a PA 11 homebuilt project that I am hoping to finish before to long. Also I have a new set of 5/8 J3 sealed struts ,are these equal to what a set of PA 11 struts would be as far as strength. Would like to hear anyone's thoughts Steve

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back