• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Cubs (2) possibly for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captkevin74

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have recently purchased two Cub barn finds, and am debating restoring them or selling them. If the right offer or trade comes buy before I start the restoration I WILL consider it.

The first, is a 1946 model. It is missing airframe log #1, but beside this It appears to be 100% complete(as I have only started to figure out where the pieces go. It is completely disassembled (except what I have pieced together). The engine has been pickled, the frame is in primer, and the wings(metal spars) are still covered. Its interesting, that there is a anchor and US stamp on the back of the RH mag, along with grey paint under the cub yellow on the nose cowls...maybe a Navy, or coast guard plane?

The second has no logs, or data tags. it appears to be a Super cub with the enclosed cowlings, and disk brakes. The frame is still painted, the wings are clipped and were in the process of being converted to wood ribs(one is finished in wood, one is still metal), the wings also have fuel tanks installed. This airplane also appears complete LESS the engine (the previous owner wanted to install an O-235 with floats from what I understand)

If you are SERIOUSLY interested in two amazing barn finds please message me and I can provide SN's and photos.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back