• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Cub wreckage for sale on barnstormers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnhefley

Reaction score
Fellow Cubbites:

I receive daily emails from Barnstormers any time a J-3 (or parts thereof) are newly advertised for sale.

The other day I received an email for a wrecked J-3 (registration C-GRRR) for sale for $17K.

I remember the "for sale" ads for that plane online just a few months ago, and remembered it as quite a fetching cub at that time (except for the "then" sale price). My addled memory actually recalls the exact photos in the original for sale ads.

First, it's a real pity that this plane ended up bashed. It reminds me of Jared's barn cub - a beautiful cub with an untimely and very ugly end.

Second, it made me re-think my attitudes toward my own cub, my confidence in my engine, and the way I operate it. I had a sort of "there but by the grace of God go I" feeling about it.

Third, I wonder (hope) if the owner made if out of that crash alive.

Fourth, it appears that this nice Canadian airplane met its end in Florida (note the palm trees in the photos, and the Florida residence of the "friend of the owner" seller).

Finally, irrespective of the above musings, it seems to me that the wreckage is probably priced about $10K too high.

Anyone else want to weigh in on this? No flaming, thanks. I get enough negativity in other areas of my life. I don't need it here...
jh

Latest posts

Back