• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Crankcase vent tube extension & routing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flybikedave

Reaction score
I'm working on adding a crankcase vent tube extension, with "duckbilled" tip as shown in previous thread photos. I understand the best results come from turning the tube outlet to a 10:30 o'clock position and routing the tube over the top of the crankcase near the cylinder base, towards the firwall and down towards the belly. Questions: the old aluminum tube is badly deformed and the whistle hole is taped up by previous owner. Can I just use a rubber hose for the entire route, or do I need aluminum tube over the engine? How about copper tubing? And what is the function of the whistle hole and is it really necessary? It it is necessary, how do I orient the hole on my new tube? Any help/comments are greatly appreciated.
PS: Am enjoying my new matching left hand door and window here in south LA, where it is in the upper 70's today where 2 open doors are still possible.

063.jpg

Latest posts

Back