• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

cracked exaust stack - repair or replace?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drymon

Reaction score
Hi guys;

Just discovered a 2" crack on the inboard side of the LH exhaust stack on my "new" 1946 J3C, A65. It's been patched in another spot already, and appears to be stainless steel (magnet doesn't stick). I've found a good local welder who agreed to attempt another patch with SS, and have gotten quotes from several aircraft exhaust manufacturers ($265-$415) for new ones; although most will use round SS tubing as opposed to my stamped ones.
Does anyone have any thoughts/experience with this?

I've been having a ball with this Cub - flying almost every day.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Latest posts

Back