• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Considering an upgrade…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kjnastro

Reaction score
Please hold your tomatoes. I am sure most have has these thoughts at some point or another.

For starters, I love my L4. Tonight I had 6 gallons of gas in her and an 8 knot headwind. Couple that with a shiny new C90, and I felt like I was riding a rocket on takeoff. It was freekin' awesome. That will never be replaced.

But, we want to go places. With bags. At a clip maybe a touch faster than 90MPH. I hate to admit it, but I often toy with the idea of an upgrade to something bigger and faster.

I've been looking at 180's, Maules, and the like. Nothing tickles me like my L4 and I am sure nothing will. But, I can carry stuff and people and gas and a dog or two and go somewhere in those.

I can't have two - that's for sure.

So, what say ye? Am I insane for thinking that, for now, I have outgrown my Cub? I want nothing more than to keep her, but we keep driving to places I wish we could fly to. Thoughts?

11.jpg

Back