• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Results from Pre-Buy Inspection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to head down to Georgia next week to see the A/C so not sure how much the Aesthetic issues will concern me (trying to remind myself that for 35k the Perfect Cub doesnt exist) but I feel like I read somewhere that No Data Plate on the Fuselage is a big deal? There is a data plate of sorts but its on the rear baggage compartment area.”

Thoughts on the rest?

“ We have completed the inspection on the cub. It is really a pretty nice cub and by all we can see the bones are good. the oil pressure is at 40/45 psi with power and 28/30 psi idle. Listed are items we found none are non airworthy items. It dies have car gas in it and I would not recommend using it any longer. Oil screen was clean. It does have grove disc brakes.

1) compression test: 1 74/80, 2 76/80, 3 76/80, 75/80.
2) windshield has crack, stop drilled. Lt. lower corner.
3) wing fillet fairings different color than rest of a/c.
4)Lt. brake is very weak.
5) No data plate on the aft. fuselage area.
6) Lt. wing has orange peel.
7) Lower cabin door has loose fabric from door being straightened.

Attachments

• 3C5CD18E-9B7E-43EB-8CF5-C95A581A61AB.jpeg
    3C5CD18E-9B7E-43EB-8CF5-C95A581A61AB.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 212

Latest posts

Back